If you love butter, you'll live for this brioche bread. This recipe produces two loaves, with each loaf containing a whole stick of butter—so you can imagine how rich each fluffy bite will be. What kind of yeast should I use? Active dry or instant yeast will both work in this case; because we're blooming the yeast in the sponge portion of the dough, the type of dry yeast you use has no impact on the final product. Can I make this dough by hand? Technically, yes, but the stand mixer will truly make your life 100x easier for this recipe. Because of the extensive amount of mixing that's required to develop the gluten properly and the slow, gradual addition of butter, doing this by hand will result in a very long, very arduous process. How do I know when the gluten has developed properly? The windowpane test is often used to check for gluten development. To perform the test, take a small piece of dough and slowly stretch it out in opposite direc...
Comments
Post a Comment